This week features, trail mix cookies! Rich buttery cookies encasing everything you love about good ol’ trail mix. That sweet, that salty, that super crunch! All of that in just one bite, after another, after another, after another… Just like the snack, these cookies aren’t just for the trail but for anytime, all the time.
But don’t let this recipe send you running to the store to retrieve every single ingredient. Open up your cabinets and use up all those opened bags of ingredients you’ve been waiting all year to get rid of. The truth is, that’s how these came to be.
A cookie a day keeps the doctor way.
Trail Mix Cookies
“Buttery cookies jam-packed with a trail mix crunch.”
Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 3 dozen
16 ounces softened unsalted butter
1.5 cups granulated sugar
1.5 cups light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons salt
1.5 teaspoons baking soda
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup slivered almonds
1.5 cups Cheerios
2.5 cups crushed pretzel sticks
2 cups craisins
16 ounces chopped dark chocolate
1.5 cups granola
1. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
2. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until completely combined.
3. Add the salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix until just barely combined as over mixing flour can result in a tough pastry.
4. Fold in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
5. Using a 2 ounce scoop (or whatever size you have) scoop the batter onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
6. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool before transferring to a plate next to a tall glass of milk.
*Add your own trail mix twist to the mix!
Nutrition Information %Daily Value
Serving Size: 1 Serving *Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Calories: 385 Added Sugars: 25g Vitamin A 12%
Total Fat: 21g Vitamin B6 7%
Saturated Fat: 9g Vitamin B12 6%
Cholesterol: 45mg Vitamin C 0%
Sodium: 260mg Vitamin D 2%
Potassium: 191mg Iron 28%
Total Carbohydrates: 47g Calcium 5%
Dietary Fiber: 3g Riboflavin 16%
Protein: 6g Folate 20%