The same week I decided to make pulled pork was the same week I declared I would be making buns to go along with it. But not just any buns; oh no. I was going to have the sweetest, butteriest, squishiest burger buns to bring the whole sandwich together.
But don't let your ideas stop at just pulled pork. These buns are great for burgers, panini's, and even good old french toast.
Sesame Brioche Buns
“Sweetest, butteriest, squishiest burger buns.”
Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 2 hour Servings: 15 buns
200g Warm water
100g Olive oil
700g Bread Flour
1. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add all ingredients and mix until combine. About 1 minutes.
2. Attach dough hook and mix on medium speed for 10 minutes.
3. Form dough into a ball and coat with olive oil. Cover and let rise for 1 hour in a warm area.
4. Line a sheet tray with 15 english muffin rings. Lightly grease pan and rings.
4. Divide dough into 80g portions. Form dough balls and place in the center of the rings.
5. Place in a warm area for 20 minutes until dough has doubled in size.
6. For the egg wash, whip together the egg and milk until completely combined and frothy.
7. Gently brush buns with the egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds and a pinch of sea salt.
8. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, turning the pan half way though.
*Use canola oil instead of olive oil
*Use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour but expect a firmer consistency.
Nutrition Information %Daily Value
Serving Size: 1 Serving *Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Calories: 261 Added Sugars: 16g Vitamin A 1%
Total Fat: 7g Vitamin B6 3%
Saturated Fat: 1g Vitamin B12 3%
Cholesterol: 1mg Vitamin C 0%
Sodium: 319mg Vitamin D 1%
Potassium: 78mg Iron 13%
Total Carbohydrates: 43g Calcium 3%
Dietary Fiber: 1g Riboflavin 26%
Protein: 6g Folate 39%