This week in class we were tasked with utilizing a unique ingredient to create something wonderful. Instead of using matcha powder for the typical tea we decided to use it to create some delicious homemade pasta. To top it all off we served it with a sauté of summer vegetables and a squeeze of lemon.
Fresh Matcha Pasta
“Lean, green, pasta machine”
Prep Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Servings: 4 servings
2 Tablespoons Matcha Oil (2 Tablespoons oil + 1/4 teaspoon Matcha powder)
4 Cloves garlic, minced
1/4 Cup onion, diced
1/2 Cup Zucchini, diced
1/2 Cup cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 Cups baby spinach
1/4 Teaspoon white pepper
1/4 Teaspoon tarragon
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients for the Matcha pasta.
2. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
3. Divide dough into 4 equal portions and pass through pasta machine from setting 8 to setting 4 one at a time. Flour with semolina to prevent pasta from sticking.
4. Pass through linguine cutter and boil in salted water for 2 minutes.
*Alternatively, roll to 1/8 inches thick and cut with a knife.
5. Meanwhile sweat onion and garlic in Matcha oil over medium heat.
6. Add zucchini and cook until soft. Add remaining ingredients and cook until spinach wilts.
7. Serve over Matcha pasta and enjoy!
*Add shaved parmesan or gruyere cheese for a pop!
Nutrition Information %Daily Value
Serving Size: 1 Serving *Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Calories: 366 Added Sugars: 0g Vitamin A 5%
Total Fat: 8g Vitamin B6 11%
Saturated Fat: 1g Vitamin B12 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg Vitamin C 12%
Sodium: 299mg Vitamin D 0%
Potassium: 245mg Iron 23%
Total Carbohydrates: 65g Calcium 4%
Dietary Fiber: 3g Riboflavin 38%
Protein: 9g Folate 62%