Why did I decide to make cookies this week? I'm not exactly sure, but I suppose you don't need a reason to whip up a batch of cookies. 'Just because' is a good enough reason as it is.
I remembered these great cookies from a time when my mother would bake one of every kind during the Christmas season. Being a bit of rebel, I did away with the seasonal necessity and went for it anyway.
These cookies are perfectly crisp and just as cinnamon-y as you could ever want!
Crisp Cinnamon Powder Cookies
“Crisp, crunchy, and full of cinnamon-sugar goodness!”
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 1 hour Servings: 2 dozen
1 cup unsalted butter
2.5 cups powdered sugar (or 1.25 cups granulated sugar)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 5 minutes until fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla extract, eggs, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
3. Mix in the flour until just combine and no more.
4. Between two pieces of parchment paper, roll the dough to 1/4" thick. Cut out desired shapes and transfer to a well greased sheet pan.
5. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely. Combine the powdered sugar and cinnamon and lightly dust the cookies.
*Bake for 8 minutes for a softer cookie!
Nutrition Information %Daily Value
Serving Size: 1 Serving *Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Calories: 366 Added Sugars: 0g Vitamin A 5%
Total Fat: 8g Vitamin B6 11%
Saturated Fat: 1g Vitamin B12 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg Vitamin C 12%
Sodium: 299mg Vitamin D 0%
Potassium: 245mg Iron 23%
Total Carbohydrates: 65g Calcium 4%
Dietary Fiber: 3g Riboflavin 38%
Protein: 9g Folate 62%